Fate of the Norns

The Complete Viking Experience!
It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

No cyber-bullying, no racism, no spam! Keep discussions civil and respectful or you will be banned!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:58 pm 

P305 - the last paragraph in he mount section about access to the new passive board is rough. The wording of it makes me think there is another board that is not present. I Think you mean that there is just the one, though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:39 am 

P323 - is the saga called Cornerstone of the world or Mines of Madness? Seems like it is both.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:48 pm 

Raleel and Ragnur, thanks for all of those catches. I have applied most of them to the manuscript as 11th hours changes. We're sooooo close! :)

Some lore clarifications from forum questions and Facebook questions:
#1 Vainamoinen asked his friend Ilmarinen, a mortal blacksmith with no equal, to forge it for him, but the resulting agreement meant that Louhi's daughter would wed Ilmarinen rather than Vainamoinen.
#2 Yes Louhi has Sol, Mani, Skoll and Hati. Their exact status isn't spelled out, leaving the Norn with an open interpretation for their own sagas.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:41 am 

****************** ALL POSTS BELOW ARE FROM THE RETAIL PDF ******************

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:54 pm 

P12 - And so we enter the second ageÖ the Sword Age.

Pretty sure that Ö is an error.

P144 the black tooth says its size "8 9"
P146 the candle doesn't list a size

Items - the call of the ancients and the kiss and caress of night don't have their Metas colored in.
Side note - I would suggest a changing of the coloring from the name of the value and the value, or a font change. It is somewhat hard to read, particularly the lines on the weapon entries - the dividers there are not really enough, I think

P147 - last line has a misspelling of Skallagrimsson (apostrophe instead of I)
P161 - Almance has QR in its stat line, unlike most everything else.
P151 - the puppets have the same QR problem.
P145 - the blood mail coat doesn't have dividers between its stats. I actually think it is much easier to read but most of the others havs the dividers.
P152 - molten rod has the QR thing.
P151 - the kiss and caress don't list a DF.

Reader glitch - PDFExpert on the iPad doesn't show the boxes around the text in the flavor section on the big PDF, but shows them just fine on the mini one. The mini one has color correction issues, however, which I've normally found to be CYMK-RGB conversion issues. I figured I'd spell out what I'm seeing if it helps diagnose. I'm also used Adobe and don't see either of these.

P240 - travel by longship. First paragraph you have a little cross symbol with no footnote. Second paragraph you abbreviate hours and spell out hours in the same sentence - one or the other :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:49 pm 

P282 - the title of Armored Reflex has an extra space between the f and the l in reflex. Checked via copy/paste

P288 - obliterating blow doesn't have a colon in its counter

Side note - ever consider just putting in a little picture of the solid colored runes instead of a letter for the counter clauses? And for things like Mimicry.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:18 am 

p 219 passive board for Silver Stag, missing Active and Skill boards and header
p 226 Power board seems correct, though is titled Snow Serpent rather than Willow O Wisp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:41 am 

For me, the Silver Stag is completely missing (not showing up in the Index as well); so far I thought that it was cut completely in the last minute.
But then again, the Snow Serpent Skill board on p219 is replaced by the Silver Stag skill board (like Raggedy Man reported as well), so perhaps something went wrong when copy/pasting from the last beta manuscript ?
There is also still a reference to the Silver Stag in the Summon Mount Description.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:04 am 

p 263. The Fardrengir Active Powers Board is an old one (the one before Nov, 7th, but after Oct, 22th)

p266 "Sceadugengan are know as the ìdark walkersì"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:29 am 

Confirmed missing silver stag

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next