Fate of the Norns

The Complete Viking Experience!
It is currently Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

No cyber-bullying, no racism, no spam! Keep discussions civil and respectful or you will be banned!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:42 am 

So I'm not sure how Imposing Barrier works as an Alka. Usually, Alkas will remain until someone crosses them, usually dealing damage or a debilitating condition. Imposing Barrier, however, creates a massive wall. Does this remain indefinitely, or is there a way for dwellers/denizens to still get through it?

Also, I think I saw this somewhere on these forums, but I can't seem to find it currently. Are there rules for getting pushed into barriers? I don't believe there was ever an official ruling, but I seem to remember a house rule or something that addressed it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:11 pm 

The ice sticks around, making an effective wall that blocks traditional movement and line of sight. You can rule that taller combatants can jump up and pull themselves up on the tops of the alka playing a physical rune. You can also assign the blocks some Essence and allow people to try and bust through one of them (maybe 100 is fair).

For knockback the house rule that a lot of players seem to be using is a +1 damage dealt per additional kockback that couldn't be resolved. If the defender gets pushed into someone else, then both take the additional damage (defend action should be allowed to reduce damage or allow a counter P to duck away completely).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:16 pm 

Yes! That's what I remember reading about knockback, but I forgot about knocking players into other players.

And those ice barriers seem pretty nasty then. With an amplify meta you can raise barriers in 8 connected squares, effectively trapping one or two denizens/dwellers... fun!