Distinguish allies from enemies

Discussion of the RGS
Forum rules
No cyber-bullying, no racism, no spam! Keep discussions civil and respectful or you will be banned!
LoneWolf

Distinguish allies from enemies

Post by LoneWolf »

In preparation for my first game, I watched some videos on youtube.

At one point, the skald used Apples of Idun to heal +4. But he also says that because he's a skald, he can pay a minor sacrifice +1 to distinguish friend from foe. In the core book, it says that powers target only allies unless specified otherwise. So I went through the book several times and didn't find the info regarding the sacrifice (maybe I looked wrong). Is it written somewhere or is that a House rule you can implement your game with?

Thanks for the answer
andrew

Re: Distinguish allies from enemies

Post by andrew »

I'm not entirely sure what you are referencing, but what I think they said (or meant to say): skald gets spell songs and spell songs grant a bonus free Area meta. You can use an area meta to bolster the size of the AoE or you can choose your targets.

Helps?
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Yeah that's probably it! Thanks for the quick reply. Just to give you the reference of what I'm talking about here is the link to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrudUmrLXXk

What I'm talking about is around 9:50

I'll stick with the area meta tag answer but if you have additional info after watching it, I'll gladly take it! :D
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Sorry!!! I found the info under the active power source. When using a spell song, ''by paying a minor sacrifice +1, the player can decide who in the area will be affected by each source effect.'' CRB p.102