Fate of the Norns

The Complete Viking Experience!
It is currently Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

No cyber-bullying, no racism, no spam! Keep discussions civil and respectful or you will be banned!

Post subject: Conditions and Dying
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:31 pm 

so, tonights question is:

Lv 10 Dweller has Degen 4, all Runes bar one are in Death, takes enough damage to move final Rune to first box of Wounds.
So they are now out of the fight and bleeding, does the Degen condition "fall off" or do they take 10 damage during next upkeep and die?

Post subject: Re: Conditions and Dying
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:03 am 

It's really your call. Since players can cast Actives outside of combat at will, I'll allow them to "heal-up" right after combat. However I don't know the composition of the team and what their options were at that precise end of combat. If all allies were to be given 1 free action, could someone reduce the intensity to 3 and another ally heal up 5 points? I want the players to really handle their situations with circumstance & reason rather than referring to an obscure sub-rule in a rulebook. You won't find fringe case rules in the CRB, everything is setup to handle the 80 in the 80-20 rule, and by the powers of reason and deduction the Norn and the players should be able to extrapolate the 20 in under and minute... at least that was the intent! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:48 am 

Andrew's nice, I'd probably have run an extra round of combat to see if the dwellers can save their friend! :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:03 pm 

round 3 of combat and the dweller was separated from the party by at least 15 hexes. A combination of bad rune pulls and over confidence on the players side. I dropped the Degen cos i was feeling nice so the character didnt die :)