Fate of the Norns

The Complete Viking Experience!
It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

No cyber-bullying, no racism, no spam! Keep discussions civil and respectful or you will be banned!

Post subject: First game banked.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:15 pm 

So we played our first session and it went pretty well. The system seems daunting to players at first but after a round or two of using it they all got the hang of it quickly. I realized one flaw in the game as it pertains to my group. Two of my five players are color blind. I don't know why I never thought of this beforehand, but now I am making some color-blind friendly runes for them. The rune matching is easy enough but the meta tags get confusing when you cannot distinguish red from green. So, apart from incessantly being asked "what color is this one?" we all had fun with it which is probably the most important thing. Most of the combat was fairly easy for their characters until the galdr put aura on everyone and the group nuked itself to the tune of around 16 damage each due to being clustered up.

Post subject: Re: First game banked.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:03 pm 

Wow two out of five? What are the chances?? Red and green is an uncommon one. Blue and green seems more prevalent. Perhaps chip one Aett so you have a secondary visual Q

Wow 16? How come so much? Normally it's half your level, are you guys playing level 32?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:29 pm 

5 level 9 people clumped up. They wouldn't take damage from their own, I assume. So each one would take 4 for each other player totaling 16 damage. Unless I did something wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:36 am 

Hi!

Looks like each player will have to take 5 damage (9/2 round up) when the aura turns on. Then again during the next upkeep hihi! Ragers like damage so maybe he helped someone!!! Yah whoever has aura doesn't take any damage from it.

Bye! ^^

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:36 pm 

My group currently seems to be aura averse. We've had some epic successes (lots of super killing) and some not so fun epic failures (I think we had 2 players of our 5 survive that fight, and even then... let's just say there were scars). I actually plan on making either an Alka user or an Aura user on my next build though (and Galdr Enchanter lets me make the two together, which is my current leaning). I was recently asked how many times I could trigger Aura in a single turn (my answer is "lots! how many blasts do you need and what archetypes can I use?"). I thought there was a thread about this already though. I'll look around for it.