Fate of the Norns

The Complete Viking Experience!
It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

No cyber-bullying, no racism, no spam! Keep discussions civil and respectful or you will be banned!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL ERRATA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:52 am 

Praesi we assure you that the whole book is accounted for. We have been asked by the fans to make the PDF more lightweight so it has a snappy response in a digital reader. After looking it over, what is your feedback?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:27 am 

I noticed that the entry for Witch Blood, on page 291 is dramatically different than what is in Fafnir's Treasure (and I'm aware that there are several small differences between the rulesets, as one is meant to be simplified rules). However, the description in the core rulebook doesn't match the effect, and the effect seems to be a mirror of another passive ability only worse. Which leads me to believe that perhaps the effect is recorded incorrectly in the core rulebook?

The effect reads: "You can perform a Minor Sacrifice +1 and afflict a +1 Intensity Possession on yourself to gain a Focus +1 for the remainder of the combat round."

In Fafnir's treasure it reads: "During Upkeep, Heal +2 and Recover +4 {Enchantment}"

The second fits far better witht he ability description in the core rules of "You blood runs deep with arcane ancestry. Your blood has a faint luminescence and provides your body with natural vigorous regeneration."

As I mentioned above as well, this passive ability seems very similar to (oops, Alabaster Magician I mean), which gives the same bonus but without you having to increase the Intensity of your Possession (for an additional sacrifice).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:27 am 

andrew wrote:
... so it has a snappy response in a digital reader. After looking it over, what is your feedback?

Seems like that has worked out! :D
The new slim-but-full-version works much better on my netbook and looks as beautiful as the "old" stuff! That's great, even if I did'nt have the time yet to check out all the errata.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:35 pm 

andrew wrote:
We have a few typos that did slip through in the current print run which we will clarify here. We will also add Errata to the CRB based on new material that will appear in the Denizens of the North book.

***consolidated list for all errors found and submitted in this thread until Oct 1, 2013***

Page 59: Goats pull Thor's chariot, not boars.

Page 103: The second to last example on the page has a few typos. The whole example should read: If the Tiwaz rune is bound to the effect: "Deal DF +4 P [meta: Amplify Range Amplify]", then the rune chain's root rune represents 4 points of Physical damage. If a Physical (red) or Spiritual (green) rune is played as a meta, then the root is Amplified (in this case Berkano amplifies it). If a Mental (blue) rune is played as a meta, then the root rune is considered to have Range. In the above example, the root rune is Amplified, so it will deal 8 Physical damage."

Page 105: Amplify will double the Evade attribute from items as well (DotN book)

Page 116: 13th point of damage affects the rune originally in the In-Hand pile which is now in Essence (after dealing 12 points of damage). The 13th point would take that rune down to Stun.

Page 116: Top paragraph, last sentence: The troll ignores 2 points of armour as the weapon only has 2 Pierce.

Page 121: Last paragraph before bullet items: "At the end of all combat rounds, during the Clean-Up phase, rune chains in the Contingency pile are returned to ESSENCE"

Page 123: You do not take runes from someone's Essence to mark a condition. The example at the bottom of the page is incorrect when stating Sigfried must take a rune from his Essence. Unused runes or counters are used to mark a condition (Page 122).

Page 276 (in the first print run): The description of Favour Defense/Offense has descriptions reversed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:22 pm 

Pg 302: Are Heavy divine robes and Heavy nimble armor supposed to have the exact same stats?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:06 pm 

Oh yeah I've been meaning to correct that one. Thanks for the reminder Taleweaver!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:12 pm 

PDF errors only here :) No idea on the book.

1) p251 - title for Piercing Attack looks cut off on the bottom
2) p252 - Title for Precision Attack looks cut off on the bottom for "Attack"
3) p254 - Title for Raging Attack looks cut off on the bottom for "Attack"
4) p258 - Some of the titles look smaller than others. Satisfying Attack, for example, is 5mm high and Shadow Step is 6mm high. I feel exceptionally anal retentive typing this.
5) p280 - the title for Nature's Child is misspelled.
6) p287 - the title for Tap the Source is misspelled. It makes me think that the source is going to shift over 5 spaces.

There is at least one more that I know is in there but I can't remember where I saw it.

Request: Would it be possible to get the PDF bookmarked? While it is nice to have the links in the text to page numbers, the bookmark makes it much better for referencing sections and going back and forth between the archetypes and the power lists (for example). I just do it myself anyways, but figured it would be nicer for everyone else as well. Also keeps me from having to do the whole thing again once the revisions happen :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:00 am 

p 279 - the title of Keen Senses is misspelled.
p280 - the title of Mob mentality is misspelled.
p286 - Spirit Domination is listed twice. The second one appears to be Spiritual Warrior (based on it being nearly the same as Cerebral Warrior)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:42 pm 

Uh oh! I'm going to email him, I think the last digital update may have lost some of the earlier corrections. That was all fixed in September.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:13 pm 

I got your mail- thanks for the heads up Rajjj!

Damn I see what happened. We applied the Errata in October on top of the files from July. OK, not the end of the world. Next Errata update will be before end of year and we'll use the September files. Everyone who downloaded the PDF will get prompted to re-download the latest for free.

edit: We also lost all hyperlinks in the October version. I'll have them re-added in the next upload.

Sorry for the mistake!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next