OFFICIAL ERRATA

Discussions about the 20th Anniversary Edition
Forum rules
No cyber-bullying, no racism, no spam! Keep discussions civil and respectful or you will be banned!
raleel

Re: OFFICIAL ERRATA

Post by raleel »

No big deal, honestly. Just trying to help out :)

I'm sad to know that I will be re-bookmarking up my copy. But I suppose that is what sitting at the computer, sipping an old fashioned, and listening to Wardruna is for.
Epistemologia

Post by Epistemologia »

There is an unfortunate problem with the dweller sheet in page 358 (360 in the PDF). It is not readable, although it seems to be identical to the one freely available in the website.

I checked on my PDF, bought two days ago.
andrew

Post by andrew »

I hope to have an updated PDF up before the holidays. So look out for an updated copy notification. :)

----------------------------------------

OK we have a few options for Fangs and Unencumbered Dodger. I'd like your input. We need 2 QR worth of benefits every 5 levels.

Parry +1 = 1 QR
DF +1 = 1 QR
PF +1 = 2 QR
Pierce +2 = 1 QR

Do we set it in stone as to what goes up for each (Fangs grants +1 DF and +1 Parry every 5 levels), or do we give the dweller/denizen the choice of what goes up (you may raise any two of the three attributes {DF +1, Parry +1, Pierce +2} every 5 levels)? Same could be done for Unencumbered Dodger (fixed +1 PF every 5 levels, or +1 PF or +2 Parry every 5 levels). The choice comes at a cost of a longer and possibly more "complex" description.

----------------------------------------

So after a good long chat with someone who helped crunch some numbers, we noticed a very small loss in QR over many levels (40-50 or so). In order to put in a corrective factor we can do 2.5 QR over 5 levels.

Unencumbered Dodger: +1 PF every 5 levels and +1 Parry every 10 levels
Fangs: +1 DF, +1 Pierce and +1 Parry every 5 levels

As a bonus this is a nice step towards what's already in the CRB so oddly enough the scalar passives were almost spot on to the upcoming crafting system! :)
ccccFranklin

Post by ccccFranklin »

Finished reading all related threads...

I think either way is good, but I'd lean on the side of choice per level. I'd say stick weapon attributes on fangs and armor attributes on UD. It would make the most sense.
Epistemologia

Post by Epistemologia »

Pag 101 seems to have a typo, both in the PDF and the hardcover.

Right after the second occurrence of "Range" in blue letters, it is meant to be "meta" instead of beta, right?
andrew

Post by andrew »

Epis, good catch! I hope to have an updated PDF up before the 25th! :)
tshober

Post by tshober »

Re-downloaded and re-reading over the holidays! :)
mamama

Post by mamama »

We are running some marathon games, FotN:R every day this week! Going to download the new copy tonight.
Ragnur

Post by Ragnur »

Hey,

page 324 of the PDF rulebook mentions that the "Fast Talk" skill can lower empathy between denizens and dwellers. However, I can't seen to find anything named "Fast Talk" in the Skills section, or the rest of the book. Does it refer to something available in the future (DotN?), or to another skill from the rulebook?

Cheers
Epistemologia

Post by Epistemologia »

Page 94, Initiative example. Dweller 2, not Dweller 1, comes after Denizen 1.