Fate of the Norns

The Complete Viking Experience!
It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

No cyber-bullying, no racism, no spam! Keep discussions civil and respectful or you will be banned!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: beta
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:36 am 

Bro when's the next file drop??? I'm guessing not before the end of this Kickstarter ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:39 pm 

Will there be any more mounts and/or forge beasts in LotA?

For the Godi, how will stacking work? Will you need help designing the boards? My group has a lot of ideas for the various gods. Perhaps this should go into another thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:37 pm 

how is that coming along? I'd like to get some looks at that before I make my adventure for GenCon here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:27 am 

After 2 years of weekly playing, we have someone who hit Disir 5 last night. They want to know when the full einherjar, son of muspel and valkyrie board will appear. We're envious. I also remember mention of the valknut rune as a second Void rune, so seeing rules for that would be awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:53 pm 

tshober wrote:
Will there be any more mounts and/or forge beasts in LotA?

For the Godi, how will stacking work? Will you need help designing the boards? My group has a lot of ideas for the various gods. Perhaps this should go into another thread.

I guess just go ahead - Andrew stated in another thread here that he wnats to hear ideas, so why not propose some ideas for Godis ?
I think 1 thread for each deity would also be alot less messy than collecting everything in 1 huge thread :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:36 pm 

Thanks for the feedback guys! It's been nuts these past 2 weeks, releasing 2 novels and an errata version of Les Destin des Nornes (not to mention lining up a graphic novel for 2016). the Illuminated Edda Kickstarter survey should be going out this week as we start to put some gas on the BETA for Lords of the Ash. I also want the tapestry sample mocked up for the survey.

To answer the questions:
1) Yes the Valknut rules will be added in the next version. Gratz on Disir 5! that's some major progress in 2 years!
2) Hopefully we will get enough new content out for use at GenCon Raleel, but it doesn't help that GenCon is happening 2 week early this year.
3) Godi boards? Yes absolutely, you can submit as many suggestions as possible. Please wait for the first one to be filled in so you get the direction, then go wild!
4) The first Godi will be Thor and we'll address the stacking rules there. My main concern right now (that arose during the Alpha), is that I'm noticing that the Godi is the most compelling archetype, but I don't want the game to become Fate of the Godis due to all players gravitating to this most customizable archetype.
5) Next drop is tentatively set for the weekend. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:16 am 

hellooooooooooo? HAHA just so eager for this weekend's FOTN game. New content for us?? *wink*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:25 pm 

Yeah sorry guys, I know I'm overdue. I'm short-staffed and eye-ball deep in admin work this week (Kickstarter, novel release, etc).

I'll make it up to you with some extra added content. I know some people have asked about the Karst denizen, so I'll add it onto the delivery list.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:19 am 

The new version is up!
Only thing not fully filled out for the new content is the Karst skill board. The Alpha test team is ambivalent as to how many instances of the scalar skills should be on that board.

Another clarification would be the design ideas behind the number of Godi patrons. It may seem that there is a clear benefit to having more than 1 patron, and that it's a no brainer. However the incentive for multi-patrons is there to offset the stacking benefit achieved with only 1 patron (hyper specialize). I leave it up to the Beta crowd to value both approaches.

Have fun! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:59 am 

andrew wrote:
The new version is up!
Only thing not fully filled out for the new content is the Karst skill board. The Alpha test team is ambivalent as to how many instances of the scalar skills should be on that board.

Another clarification would be the design ideas behind the number of Godi patrons. It may seem that there is a clear benefit to having more than 1 patron, and that it's a no brainer. However the incentive for multi-patrons is there to offset the stacking benefit achieved with only 1 patron (hyper specialize). I leave it up to the Beta crowd to value both approaches.

Have fun! :)

When does the second wave of beta (aka we picked it up during the illuminated Edda KS) get a crack at it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next