Combat duration

Discussions and tips for Norns
Forum rules
No cyber-bullying, no racism, no spam! Keep discussions civil and respectful or you will be banned!
raleel

Combat duration

Post by raleel »

How long are your player turns taking? How long are your combats taking?
andrew

Re: Combat duration

Post by andrew »

We're in BETA, so we have a ton of discussions around every power activation. A fight can run 60 to 90 minutes this way. But if I go back prior to BETA, if every combatant resolves their actions in 60 seconds, consider a 4v4, then a 3 round fight should take about 25 minutes.

edit:
Fights will usually run longer the first time someone picks up their level 10-ish character and explores RGS using their half dozen powers or so. As they more familiar with their builds and RGS, things speed up. Also when players do cinematic actions, depending on what they are trying, it could be longer/shorter than a power activation.
JarlDM

Post by JarlDM »

Currently, quite a while, while we get used to the powers and the way turns work. Another snag is the way we're using runes on Roll20, but we're trying to work out a way to make that quicker.

I think once we get used to it a bit it'll fly much quicker than other systems (notably D&D)
Dumnbunny

Post by Dumnbunny »

Combats were taking a bit too long, but the advice someone gave elsewhere on this forum, to have Essence = Destiny (or as close as possible) really helped. I'll be taking the Swarms rule for a spin next week, which should further help streamline combat.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Also play on the white (short) wounds track.