Fate of the Norns

The Complete Viking Experience!
It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:36 am 

We have some time over the holidays and we're itching for anything new since the GenCon decks. Let us know if you're shipping any new decks out for Beta testing. We're also willing to buy them at cost if you put them up on theGameCrafter or some other POD system. We really want to see Vigridr out in 2015!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:59 am 

Merry Christmas Tshober, did you get the package in the mail? :)

Yes we will have some new templates up in January. I'll ping you for Vigridr once we get the next round up. Exciting news is that Vigridr may launch in print and digital! :D

Over the holidays we have made some really nice progress on the boardgame. I've just had this inspirational deluge. Hoping get some more games in today and tomorrow to narrow down the feature-set.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:35 pm 

YES TY!!!

We've had a lot of play, and a surprise, I think the non-rotate variant shows a lot of promise. I've always had a beef with the card rotation angle in large multi-player games, and with the side buff variant, my concern in addressed. It also opens up another layer of strat which is mondo cool. I'll send you a PM with the card breakdowns.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:39 pm 

It's a variant I'm willing to try. I think the rotation can be kept in this variant, it just needs to be coupled with the fact that every card face is "active" rather than just 1 face. As for the cards list, thanks for the clean excel feedback form. I was really curious where you group weighed the different powers. Each card is carefully crafted with the point buy system, so making sure cost = weight is pretty essential.

Did you guys try the 5 faction variant yet? It does make play work off 1 deck, which is one of the design concepts I would have liked to keep (but non essential). I know the play speed has been improved with this variant, so I'm going to wait and see what the other groups come up with before evolving the rules-set.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:39 pm 

I want those new decks plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :twisted: