Fate of the Norns

The Complete Viking Experience!
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

No cyber-bullying, no racism, no spam! Keep discussions civil and respectful or you will be banned!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:06 pm 

Hi Everyone,

I created a tool in google sheets that has been hugely helpful for me as a norn, as well as for my players. Andrew gave me permission to share this with the community and I hope that you find it useful!

Using data validation drop down menus and vlookups, I made a sort of automatic dweller creator. Simply select a skill, passive, or active power from the drop down menu, and a description of its combat ability will automatically fill in beside it (sometimes the passives take a little extra time to populate, not sure why). All descriptions are in my own words, and are not edited (so beware of typos and spelling errors etc). All skills, passives, and actives from the core rulebook and DotN are included. You will still need to reference the books for the archetype boards, and for out of combat descriptions.

There is also a tab that I call "Norn Tools" which has a section to randomize initiative, a calculator for conditions, a randomized Wyrd tool, and a random loot builder (press ctrl R to use the randomizer).

For players/Dwellers, this can make creating new characters fast and easy. As a Norn, I am able to quickly create and save a ton of denizens for my game. Hope you all like it, and let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. I am always looking for ways to make this more efficient and useful!

Link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ufJq8/copy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:02 pm 

Hey, this is awesome. One of my players was working on this but for Excel.

My friends and I are also tossing around the idea of making an actual C++ base App for it, but it's a long way away.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:19 am 

Glad you like it! So far, I've found it the most useful in prepping monsters. I can duplicate the character sheet page, name it whatever I want, then build the denizen out. I haven't actually had a chance to try the treasure randomizer "in the wild" yet.

You can definitely translate the first page and the data tables to excel with a little fiddling. IIRC excel and sheets have different randomizing formulas however. Let me know if you ever get that app working, or if you have any suggestions for how to make the sheet better.