Fate of the Norns

The Complete Viking Experience!
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

No cyber-bullying, no racism, no spam! Keep discussions civil and respectful or you will be banned!

Post subject: QR and conditions
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:26 pm 

Let's say I wanted to make a weapon that inflicted more than one level of a Condition (like... degen +2 when it hit it's weapon meta) - what's the QR on that? Just like adding another condition?

How about a weapon like a net that presumably inflicts no damage, but is effective at a condition (say, impeding, in this case).

Post subject: Re: QR and conditions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:00 am 

Not sure if Dan built multiple condition levels into his Excel sheet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:55 am 

Yea, it's not in the rules. That's why I am asking. I suspect it should be the same as multiple conditions, but figured I'd double check.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:48 pm 

Quote:
Yea, it's not in the rules. That's why I am asking. I suspect it should be the same as multiple conditions, but figured I'd double check.

I think it should be abit more expensive than the multiple Conditions tag, as you just get to choose one of the possible conditions, but not to apply both or all 3 of them.
So it should be cost more QR than 1 or 2.

On the other hand an "applies condition automatically" costs 6 item QR, so it should cost quite less less, as that's definitely more powerful.

If I were the GM I'd go with 3 QR to be on the safe side. Or 2 QR if my player does not find a way to break the game with it :D
(Like stacking that effect thrice to always get Impeded/Degen/Vulnerable +4 with 1 rune played)

Quote:
How about a weapon like a net that presumably inflicts no damage, but is effective at a condition (say, impeding, in this case).

Well, as you don't need to spend QR on item dmg, it's a good example of the flexibility of the crafting system. You can just invest the saved points into an effect like the one you described.

Roman throwing net (Starter item)
QR5 - Size 3 0DF, 0 Pierce, Reach 2
When you Apply a Weapon meta, you get a free Weapon meta

(Note: technically it's a melee weapon, can be thronwn once of course. Fits every Gladiator movie out there :) and skilled opponents (spending 2 weapons meta nets a whopping impeded +4 which is insanely strong vs melee/wolf-ulfs/ragers at the start of a campaign)

Tyrs tentative throwing tentacle tent (midlevel item)

QR 12 Size 3 - 0DF, 0 Pierce, Range 10
This tent can be thrown, when it hits an opponent, small hands start to grasp out and hold the opponent in place. (Get a free weapon meta all the time)
Also, should you activate the weapon meta by playing a rune, you get a free Impeded meta. (raleel's effect he's lookign for)
At the end of round, it crawls back into it's owners hand. (rules for Dvergar engineering effect)

(Note: perhaps the free weapon meta tag is useless, for the same points you could alternatively buy the ability twice more and basically get Impeded 4 when activating the weapon meta which might be alot better than "just" getting impeded 1 all the time. I think 3 QR is good, 2 would be too cheap after seeing that example)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:10 pm 

edit: stupid quotes

short of it, I think my question now is is the additional meta from crafting a second meta you get when you play a rune, ala Gorse wood in the other thread, or is it a second option when you play a meta, and how might I tell the difference?

Last edited by raleel on Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:53 pm 

Audun's got the right idea. It's not a free meta (Dvergar Engineering QR 6), but it's definately more potent than adding another option for meta (craft QR 1 or 2). A +1 to a Condition intensity is 4 QR, and you'd need a rune to counter the intensity of a condition so 3 or 4 is a good place for that effect (ie. you are forcing someone into a rune play to counter your effect).

Audun's also right on for the net.