Fate of the Norns

The Complete Viking Experience!
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

No cyber-bullying, no racism, no spam! Keep discussions civil and respectful or you will be banned!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:50 pm 

So, one of my players made a Druid Child of the Sky. In the flavor text, it talks about their specialty giving them powers over foresight. However, nothing on their power boards give them anything that does that. How would you suggest this be incorporated?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:06 am 

LOL here's a prime example of the Beta text not following the test play evolution of the archetype. Besides the Blacksmith, the Druid had the most rules churn during our prolonged testing. Child of Stars had a custom Passive power that granted insights and also had Omens/Portents. Along the way new powers were bolted on. If the player wants a spec along the lines of the description, you can always swap the skills to the original. You can also use the beta Passive power (gone back to my beta notes):

Stargazer
Once per night, you may read the stars overhead. Choose 1 effect: gain an insight into your current quest, or during the next first Upkeep phase of combat look at the powers of one of your enemies.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:42 am 

Amazing! I was actually thinking something along that had happened. We will probably be utilizing those alternate options. Thank you!

This actually touches on an idea I was considering homebrewing in.

How do you feel about the idea of Alternate Power Board choices? I was thinking something along the likes of a Godi Divine Patron mini-board a Dweller could buy as an Upgrade to access a different (but still preset) Power Board quadrant specific to their Archetype.