Fate of the Norns

The Complete Viking Experience!
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

No cyber-bullying, no racism, no spam! Keep discussions civil and respectful or you will be banned!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:05 pm 

Oh I see what you're asking now, no you don't add it before. After the whole thing is crafted you get the free QR boost at the end. I think it's spelled out, but I could be wrong, my eyes are going cross eyed from the proofing these past few days LOL :?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:10 pm 

it's cool man! it's not spelled out per se, but could be inferred.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:49 pm 

wait so you make like a QR 7 item 7x7=49 then times it by 5 which then equals 245 skatt is the price of the item crafted....then you just add the QR of the ore used...but how to you calculate the price in total? thats my question...its cost of everything more then how to make something

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:03 pm 

Alright, QR 7 item

With regular crafting materials, it is 7x7x5 - qr squared times the cost of the crafting materials.

With realm ores, instead of 5, put in the price of the realm ore. So the same item made with red gold is 7x7x12. Same item from death bone is 7x7x8.

Then after you made them, you have an item that is the base QR+ the QR of the realm ore. So, a QR 13 (7+6) in the case of red gold, and QR 11 (7+4) in the case of death bone.

The cost and the QR of the resulting item end up being higher because you get some specials owners out of it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:42 pm 

sweet thanks very much that breaks it down super nicely

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:52 am 

a question on wondrous items.

on page 326 it says:

"Weapon deals Mental or Spiritual damage instead of Physical. Pay the QR cost to
convert 2 points of Physical damage to 1 point of either Mental or Spiritual. The QR cost
must be repaid for every 2 points converted in this way. The defender chooses the damage
order to be resolved." QR cost for this is 2

lets say i have a QR 10 weapon that does 8 physical damage and + 2 pierce + 1 reach. do i then increase the QR of this item by 2 and now my weapon becomes 6 physical damage + 1 spiritual damage, + 2 pierce + 1 reach?

also is there a price cost for wondrous effects?

Side question im wondering if there will be a pdf update for the missing silver stag mount?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:29 pm 

Maragos5 wrote:
Side question im wondering if there will be a pdf update for the missing silver stag mount?

Yup both Hrokkvir and Silver Stag were missing *mind blown* ...and are now back in the doc (+8 pages)

As for your example, you got it!

RE: Price - you set the price, depends how rare this is in your version of Midgard. A low fantasy campaign can make this prohibitively expensive, which a monty haul high magic world would have this as a top tier item enhancement.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:30 pm 

Maragos5 wrote:

also is there a price cost for wondrous effects?

did you check out the Dvergar engineering table?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:07 am 

Was talking about skatt cost not the qc cost

For example for dnd if i want to make something mythril it cost 1000 gold if i want to make my item magical or wondrous there a price for it...

I love the item creation format you guys are using and its simple to understand....just pricing things would be my problem....like if i make an adventure and the group goes to market i usually create an item list of things there able to buy. Or if they have enough loot i limit the level blacksmith they are aloud to use based on their own level so they cant get over powered items stuff like that.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:06 am 

my guess is that if you wanted to add a wondrous effect, you'd compute the QR with the wondrous effect, then compute the price from the QR.

So, Aforementioned QR7 axe, made from Red Gold. Lets add in a wondrous effect of it being able to use it's Weapon Meta for free (Hamstring). that is 6 QR (p334, 12/12/2014 pdf)

So, that is actually now a QR13 axe (7+6) to make. We go get the materials we need, (13*13 =) 169 red gold. That's going to be pricey at (13*13*(12 per ore) = ) 2028 skatt for red gold.

But, in the end, you'll have an axe with
    QR7 worth of regular powers,
    QR6 in weapon meta triggering,
    and QR6 for red gold that adds to focus for runes in the stun pile AND further hamstrings people if they are bleeding.

for an end result of a QR 19 worthy weapon. I dub it "Crippler" and look for a warrior worthy of it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next