Fate of the Norns

The Complete Viking Experience!
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

No cyber-bullying, no racism, no spam! Keep discussions civil and respectful or you will be banned!

Would you be interested in a FOTN choose-your-own-adventure book?
Yes 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
No 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Maybe (explained below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:46 pm 

After the release of the FOTN novels, we're exploring some other creative projects for the Fate of the Norns universe. We were considering a choose-your-own-adventure style book, where depending on your choices, your story will unfold in unique and unexpected ways. On top of the branching story narrative, we want to put a super simple rune mechanic in order to resolve some combat and skill checks (very similar to the Steve Jackson / Ian Livingstone books which featured a character sheet and the use of 2 six sided dice). We'd try to creatively design the book so the use of a pencil or a physical bag of runes could be substituted for something within the book (for example printing random runes on each page, so if you need to draw a rune you flip to a random page)... this way the reader wouldn't be encumbered with extra props.

The stories we could cover:
- The overarching plot of Ragnarok
- A follow-up plot to the novels
- A re-imagined "what-if" of some well known Viking sagas

What do you think?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:51 pm 

Truthfully, not really. I think if I was like 30 years younger maybe, but now, no :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:07 pm 

46 views and 3 votes, and we had about 20 views in the first 60 seconds after tweeting. I'll assume that those who did not vote are in the "no" camp.
To the three people who voted and commented, thanks! We really want the fan feedback, it's really important to us to ensure that we're creating Viking products that excite you.

For those of you following the roadmap, you know that following the Illuminated Edda and Lords of the Ash, we have the War of Shadow and a quintology of very large sandbox sagas to release for the Ragnarok game line. They'll cover the 4 ages of Ragnarok as well as the prequel.

We also have Vigridr the card game in BETA (with a possible digital release along with print) as well as the FOTN boardgame in ALPHA.

Vanagard, a hybrid RPG/boardgame for kids has been pushed back, but we're staffing that one up so we can kick it off sooner.

Anyhow, don't be shy! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:28 pm 

I have written several short solitaire adventures for Tunnels & Trolls. If this develops into an actual project I would be happy to help out.