Fate of the Norns

The Complete Viking Experience!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

No cyber-bullying, no racism, no spam! Keep discussions civil and respectful or you will be banned!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:32 pm 

Both JarlDM and myself have been working hard to create a virtual playspace well suited to this wonderful game. Unfortunately, the going has been difficult with many of Roll20's limitations making the endeavor cumbersome and unwieldy.

We would like to ask your help by following the link provided below to Roll20's suggestions forum and upvote our request for Macro support for Roll20's Deck feature.

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/35995 ... st-3600089

With this support I am confident we would be able to provide a competent and fun solution for online play which we would be more than happy to share.

Thanks,

-Nick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:11 am 

Can you explain what macros might allow on Roll20?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:34 am 

In this case Macros would allow for more automation in relation to the decks that we use to wyrd.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:53 pm 

raleel wrote:

Roll20 provides "decks" which we have used to create individual "rune bags" for each Dweller. Unfortunately Roll20 does not make it easy to manage 4-5 decks. For one, only the GM (the creator of the game or a player whom the creator has promoted) can shuffle the decks. This can become quite difficult to manage, a macro would allow us to create a button that would either allow players to shuffle their own runes or at least allow the GM to shuffle all the decks at once.

That's the function that is most important, I have asked for a couple more quality of life macros such as "deal" and "recall." The key is that any game function that has macro support can be done as a batch instead of one at a time, which slows the game down considerably.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:42 pm 

Test3891 wrote:
raleel wrote:

Roll20 provides "decks" which we have used to create individual "rune bags" for each Dweller. Unfortunately Roll20 does not make it easy to manage 4-5 decks. For one, only the GM (the creator of the game or a player whom the creator has promoted) can shuffle the decks. This can become quite difficult to manage, a macro would allow us to create a button that would either allow players to shuffle their own runes or at least allow the GM to shuffle all the decks at once.

That's the function that is most important, I have asked for a couple more quality of life macros such as "deal" and "recall." The key is that any game function that has macro support can be done as a batch instead of one at a time, which slows the game down considerably.

that's what I was looking for. I am familiar with the card deck/rune bags, but haven't gotten enough time to see that it actually requires the norn/designated player to do that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:34 pm 

I haven't done roll20 in a bit, but have they figured out an export/import settings feature? It's all good that someone spends 3 hours setting up a nice play environment, but it sucks if the next person has to invest the same amount of time. Have they added a way for a GM to export their whole setup and let someone else import it?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:21 pm 

andrew wrote:
I haven't done roll20 in a bit, but have they figured out an export/import settings feature? It's all good that someone spends 3 hours setting up a nice play environment, but it sucks if the next person has to invest the same amount of time. Have they added a way for a GM to export their whole setup and let someone else import it?

Yes, and no. I can create a copy of the campaign and promote another user to GM, allowing them to run the instance. However I would always be the creator of the game and would have full access.

If the GM wants to own his/her campaign they will need to configure the game themselves. I intend to provide assets and a guide once I am happy with the presentation/functionality.