Fate of the Norns

The Complete Viking Experience!
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:30 am 

So I’m getting ready to run the Cornerstone of the World saga from the back of Denizens of the North, but my party is higher level than the suggested level for the adventure. I’m also hoping to run it this Wednesday.

We’ve got a level 19 Druid, a level 16 Berserkir, and a level 15 player (has 2 unspent levels he needs to divvy up between his level 12 Blacksmith and level 13 Nanus Drake).

Obviously I still need the encounters to be challenging. What’s the best way to adjust it? More enemies of the levels prescribed in the book? Same number, higher level? Different monster selection (e.g. replace the trolls in the Jotunheim room with ogres)?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:16 pm 

The safest approach I can suggest without knowing the players, their builds nor their level of team-work is that you add many more minions, using the swarm rules. For the final room, you can keep the serpents swarming into the battle as needed. Add a little at a time until challenge level is met. Don't add too many at once, then if you have to pull some back, it looks like you put kiddy-gloves on to keep the dwellers alive.

For previous rooms, I'd up the Essence and Destiny of the existing builds in order to minimize work for you, but if you have the time, you can build custom monsters.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:54 pm 

So maybe bump the essence and destiny on everything up by 1?