Fate of the Norns

The Complete Viking Experience!
It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Combo
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:32 am 

so... combo is really infrequently an option on powers. Seems like everyone gets Fylgia's kiss (catharsis) and Fylgia's touch (channeling) and little else on the Dwellers. The Ulfhednar has the Howls I suppose. I like the Combo rune a lot, as it allows for highly integrated team play.

Any particular problems you can see with merging Combo and Open into one meta and allowing either the caster or adjacent allies add, provided they pay the cost? The cost is the same, it's just whoever pays it.

I'm also considering just allowing the Combo meta on appropriate Cinematic Actions, as I probably will also allow Amplifies on most, and Weapon on Cinematic Attacks, and maybe Multi as well.

Post subject: Re: Combo
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:23 pm 

Well when we crunch the numbers, that's the meta that can cause the most unbalanced effects. I really use it sparingly because it breaks the archetype limits and allows scaling by ally combatant. The Norn can abuse it without realizing it, and players can wreak havoc on a new Norn. Now LotA is an advanced book, so perhaps we can review and see how Open can play a bigger role. Thanks for the observation, always great food for thought. :)

Post subject: Re: Combo
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:43 pm 

Hrm. I might allow it on Cinematic actions only, then. Sort of an incentive to work together. We'll see... I've not fully formed "metas on Cinematic actions" yet in my head.