Fate of the Norns

The Complete Viking Experience!
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Countering Conditions
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:27 am 

Some effects ought to have the ability to be removed for more than just the person spending to ignore it. Conditions such as Taunt and Shroud spring to mind. Presently a Dweller / Denizen must spend X runes to ignore the effect for one round. Yet is unable to aid companions to do the same. Assuming that a group is acting and communicating together than that makes little sense unless the condition is being overcome by some form of supernatural / magic effect for just that individual. i.e. the person can see shrouded people by instinct.

Shroud : The intensity drops by one when the shrouded individual is “spotted”. However they remain shrouded to all allies…
Shroud Counter Variation : All allies within 2 hexes of the person “spotting” the shrouded individual can spend a mental rune to also see them for their activation, but this does not lower the shroud condition.

Taunt : The intensity drops by one when the taunted individual is has specific runes played against them as part of the ignore the Taunt action.
Taunt Counter Variation : All allies within 2 hexes of the person shrugging off the Taunt can spend a mental rune to also ignore the Taunt effect for their activation, but this does not lower the Taunt condition.

I started at 4 hexes but that seemed too generous, 2...maybe 3 hexes makes more sense in the heat of battle.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:27 pm 

What you describe are very valid cinematic actions given a certain set of parameters. A spotter sees that the shrouded individual is leaving tracks in the sand, they spend runes to spot, then another to alert the others on how to spot the invisible enemy. The others get a discount on spot with this new info.

Or a combatant pushes the taunter into water or behind some structure, this grants the others a bonus since their exposure to the taunt has been diminished.

I am 100% behind situational cinematic actions that make sense. These are the types I think you can rule on the fly, without needing specific tables and charts.