Fate of the Norns

The Complete Viking Experience!
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

No cyber-bullying, no racism, no spam! Keep discussions civil and respectful or you will be banned!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:03 am 

New Beta up on Drive Thru, better check the box that says "alert for updates" as I accidentally saw this when looking for another book!!

Looking forward to reading through this!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:12 am 

Thanks! I should check that box.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:31 am 

Actually struggling to find the box that would do that :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:25 pm 

Well,I just turned on pendelhaven in my "follow my favorites" section. So maybe that'll do the trick.

I've noticed some small changes to some of the powers that I'm fairly certain are based on feedback we've given. Like, for example, the gate powers are now "summon a thing with +X levels" instead of "summon a level +X thing". Less inclined to believe the former is my level +X.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:05 am 

Yeah I've stopped posting updates on the forum since I figured most everyone ticks the box which allows them to get updates when a digital book is updated (I think it's ticked by default). A ton of feedback is driving the updates. Thanks and keep it coming!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:08 pm 

Experience : presently has three options, Ess / Divinity / rebind a rune. I 'd like to propose a new one;

Saga : Experience can be invested into the families History, their Saga, this woukd grant the Disir a pemanent extra rune wyrd each time one of the clan dies when it comes to see if they are ascend.

Perhaps 2 exp per Saga Investment?

Feedback?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:30 pm 

Oh, now I like that a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:53 am 

Our full campaign finally starts on Feb 28 so we will get some proper in game testing and feedback of the Beta rules in very soon!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:28 pm 

Thinking about the mook rules in LotA (and I might ramble a bit here, so just take it as me thinking out loud) -

I think I like these rules, except that I would just say "each guy has 3 health, so if you do 3 points, you drop him. If you don't, tough". Largely this is to keep me from having to track a lot of guys individually, and it encourages the use of Amplify (for damage), Multi, and Area. Just moving them onto the 3 points of damage track makes them very fragile.

I'm inclined to give them 2 runes (to start, 1 for move, 1 for attack) and just setting their damage to something reasonable (like 2 or 3 for starting ones, maybe Damage = Destiny). Any further runes just get used for Amplifies, or we just start turning up the damage number.

Maybe just skip runes all together and say they can move 4 (for normal guys) and attack once for some amount of damage or impose one condition (like Impeded). One hit on them takes them down.

I think they always take physical damage - mental damage is applied as physical.

I think what I want is
  • Simple enough that I'm not even using a playmat for them
  • Not tracking meta chains for them
  • One hit they go down. Perhaps multiples in one shot even without Metas (that's how 13th age does it
  • strong enough to make the battle interesting, but not strong enough that I should have to think much about adding a set.

Maybe I end up with 1 set has a number of members = Destiny.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:07 am 

Simple mook rules that do not require a play mat would be awesome. When a wave of gits are attacking I really do not want to try and track all of their rune use individually - way to much time and effort for dudes that will get whacked in a single blow. That and a pile load of play mats just takes up too much sheer space on the table!

I think skipping the runes and giving them basic actions makes a lot of sense. Perhaps giving them that one or two abilities to choose from each turn would add some flexibility to their use.