|Fate of the Norns
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||andrew [ Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:58 am ]|
Vigridr... the the legendary field upon which the final battle will unfold... is here!
Vigridr is a card game that challenges players to work alone and sometimes together in order to overcome challenges and achieve ultimate victory. Players start with one champion and one quest card in play. They then draw cards and runes to reinforce their dominion throughout the realms of Yggdrasil. Using runes, they can put more cards into play, as well as use the runes to unlock the powers on cards already in play. Even though the game is adversarial, sometimes the players must band together in order to deal with the threat which emanates from Helheim!
Pendelhaven's next card game is not only getting announced, but we're showing it off on Thursday in the First Exposure playtest hall at GenCon! It's first come first served, so show up early for the following play slots:
- Thursday 8am, 10am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm
- Friday 8am
All happening at table 10!
Vigridr has been in the works for 12+ months... the first designs started to get prototyped in early spring 2013. It has gone through quite an evolution in that time. The things that didn't change were the design principles:
1) A game for 1-6 players- that's right, it works as a 1 player game as well.
2) Dynamic and asymmetric victory conditions. Each player has their own unique objectives which may change throughout the course of the game.
3) A card game that can be both a complete boxed game, but also have a non-mandatory CCG component bolted on for those who love the thrill of new discovery.
4) A game that utilizes card positioning and creates synergies between adjacent cards.
5) Cards that have many states which are managed through card orientation rather than tokens or other props.
6) Controlled resource pulls so that you never lose time playing a game where someone was "mana-short".
7) A game that should appeal to players who like simple games like Small World, to more involved players who play Magic the Gathering.
8) We are looking at ways to tie this game into our RPG as a quick way to resolve huge battles or dweller "downtime".
9) 30 minute play time (currently we are at 30-60 minute play time and are working to streamline play in order to hit our target)
We have a ways to go in order to refine the balance, pacing and polish- but for the first time we feel it's ready to share with YOU!
|Author:||andrew [ Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:02 am ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Welcome!|
A sneak peek at the cards
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group