Fate of the Norns

The Complete Viking Experience!
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

No cyber-bullying, no racism, no spam! Keep discussions civil and respectful or you will be banned!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:52 am 

Hi All, My group just played our first session of FOTN:R! It was a blast and were getting together in a few weeks to play again. Right now we're playing Egil's saga from the back of the core book, and Fafnir's is in the mail!

From what I've read Fafnir's has a simplified rule set. So my question(s) is this: How do the rules from the core book, and those from Fafnir mesh together? Is there anything that's wildly different I should watch out for? Are the simplified rules optional, or are they important for how the saga plays?

Bonus Question: The website says that wooden runes are going to be in stock this month. Is that the case? I wanted to get some runes as a present for my players.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:31 am 

Melchizedek wrote:
Hi All, My group just played our first session of FOTN:R! It was a blast and were getting together in a few weeks to play again. Right now we're playing Egil's saga from the back of the core book, and Fafnir's is in the mail!

From what I've read Fafnir's has a simplified rule set. So my question(s) is this: How do the rules from the core book, and those from Fafnir mesh together? Is there anything that's wildly different I should watch out for? Are the simplified rules optional, or are they important for how the saga plays?

Bonus Question: The website says that wooden runes are going to be in stock this month. Is that the case? I wanted to get some runes as a present for my players.

Thanks!

Nothing too wildly different, though it can be easy to get a bit confused. Since you already have the main book, just run those rules and you should be just fine.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:23 pm 

As Raleel says, just use the CRB content and you'll be fine. In Fafnir's, some powers were changed to make first time play easier.