Fate of the Norns

The Complete Viking Experience!
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Forum rules


No cyber-bullying, no racism, no spam! Keep discussions civil and respectful or you will be banned!



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Scorn Pole
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:56 pm
Posts: 28
Hey so I’m a little confused as to how scorn poles — and be extension, cursed dominion — actually work.

Does it affect everyone in the targeted building, or just one person, who is designated when the pole is made? Does it automatically take effect when planted, or do you have to look at it for it to work? If it’s sight based, is it just anyone who looks at it, or again, is it a person specified when making it?

Does it have remain in front of someone’s house for it to work, or can you activate the curse and then just take it with you? If you have to leave it outside the house in plain sight, I’d think that it would be super easy to destroy. Barely an inconvenience.

With the Cursed Dominion variation, is it just a passive effect on anyone who enters a Willow Wisp’s domain (excluding the wisps themselves, of course)?

It’s a really cool skill that I’d love to use more in my game. And one of players has a backup character that’s a 12 year old, mentally unstable Galdr that just carries scorn poles around with her at all times. I’m just confused as to how the skill is meant to function.

Side note: if it works on sight, I had the idea for a trap where as you walk down a narrow corridor (too narrow to look much of anywhere except straight ahead), a pit opens up in the floor. At the same time, a compartment opens in the ceiling directly above the pit, and something falls past the dwellers’ faces. Being the naturally sorts, they’d ask if they could tell what it was, and make a perception check against the trap’s conceal-ability. Their success is their failure — by successfully seeing what it was, they actually see the scorn poles clearly enough to activate their curse. The poles fell too far to just jump down and grab ‘em, so they have to work their way through the dungeon to eventually find and destroy the poles if they want to get rid of the curse.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scorn Pole
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:00 am
Posts: 7
Location: Montreal
Balasar wrote:
Does it affect everyone in the targeted building, or just one person, who is designated when the pole is made? Does it automatically take effect when planted, or do you have to look at it for it to work? If it’s sight based, is it just anyone who looks at it, or again, is it a person specified when making it?

Does it have remain in front of someone’s house for it to work, or can you activate the curse and then just take it with you? If you have to leave it outside the house in plain sight, I’d think that it would be super easy to destroy. Barely an inconvenience.


From my understanding, they way it works is its set to target a certain area its facing (ignoring walls and barriers, hence effecting a home) and its set to effect everyone within the zone,
part of making the scorn is planting it into the ground (aka giving it a target) so if its moved you will have to wyrd to fabricate them again changing the strength and intensity as you go along.

Balasar wrote:
With the Cursed Dominion variation, is it just a passive effect on anyone who enters a Willow Wisp’s domain (excluding the wisps themselves, of course)?

remind me what book this is from, It sounds like LOTA?(I only have the core with me at work so I will look at that later)

Balasar wrote:
It’s a really cool skill that I’d love to use more in my game. And one of players has a backup character that’s a 12 year old, mentally unstable Galdr that just carries scorn poles around with her at all times. I’m just confused as to how the skill is meant to function.

Aaaaaaaa-maaaaaazing

Personally how I have used it in the past for a "trap" is I had a maze with snowmen, who sometimes has a scorn pole in it.
The only other thing is that they will cancel each other out being in proximity of each other, and dont stack if they overlap.

_________________
Druids are Balanced - Lennard


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group